Saturday, March 29, 2008

Positively 2nd Ave NE


You wanna see me snarl?
I'm gonna snarl
'cause 
I was just out with 
Hatcheted Heart
Captain Eo
and of course
being the chatty gurls they are
pressed me about
the not so good Friday. 
Going back
going back
"something's missing and you know they won't leave you
alone
I'm not worried about you 
why you worried about me?
I'm not worried about you
why should I be?"
Steve Wynn said that.
He means it.
Kendra Smith means it
and oh you know Karl Precoda means it.
Oh you know Karl means it
n I mean it too.
Cause the snakes are coming out
and you know you never liked it.
Especially 
when the Kay 
pickups 
scream against the 
Fender Bassman
because they can't take the strain
and you can't fake that
like you.
No
you
can't take the strain.
"It's all right, it really didn't mean a thing."
Goddamn right.
It really didn't mean a thing.
It really didn't mean a thing.
But I remember what you said.
I remember what you said
and 
now
I want to make this perfectly clear.
want 
to 
make 
this 
perfectly 
clear...
that just as everything you think you are
and more
is so important to you,
I am 
and
have already been. 
Yeah,
and
more...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ScaughtFive said...

Hee hee and ho ho (laughs into sleeve). Monkey flower. I quite like that, thank you.

heather said...

Do you take him for such a fool
To think he'd make contact
With the one who tries to hide
What he don't know to begin with?

Oh (cold) snap.

ScaughtFive said...

H.J. I believe that scene is happening on 4th Street.

zing!

heather said...

Then why is it still a drag to see you?

Ba-Zing!

ScaughtFive said...

You made me snork my coffee! Touche H-Town. Watch out 'cause April 1 day ain't over yet...