Monday, April 13, 2009

Blow To The Head


"Hae'd ye geat that knoock oon y'ear aye?"
I looked up at a tree trunk of a young man 
polishing glasses behind the bar.
Come again?
"Hae'd ye geat that knoock oon y'ear aye?"
He had a slight smile on his face.
I noticed the bright red scars above both of his eyes
and touched the swollen mass on my eyebrow.
Well, you know, whiskey.
"HA! Aye knae ate! Goot sumuvum maesel!"
The big young man leaned forward 
turning his chiseled block of a head 
to give me a closer look.
Yep. It's in the blood, 
I said.  
What are you gonna do?
I squared up my tab
and walked out into the rain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice use of dialect. Affirms the notion of it being in the blood.

ScaughtFive said...

Working on dialog, and trying to keep my skull intact.

Dana said...

Nice one!