Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mickie Most


I came down with a case of the blues
and passed out millennial illness
to the millions.
Some guy on a bubble
points to a chart and calls it golden.
Lead us to the incision and let us in.
What?
You'd tell me I'm in the wrong
when I tell you the truth.
You wouldn't believe me
even when I lie.
They bottled up my vision.
It's in your prescription.
In the slaughterhouse
they shit in the mouth of the cattle
and call it meat.
Ha ha, said the clown.
Is it bringing you down?
Is the night being tight on romance??
Let me take you to the movies for the blind
projected in braille across a belt sander.
They'll rub your face in it
and you'll come back for more
until someone sweeps up
the broken teeth and hair.

2 comments:

Jen Jewel Brown said...

woah, things are getting pretty tough in this killing floor. Is that true about the shit, or a metaphor?

ScaughtFive said...

It's both.