Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Can't Put it Down / Can't Turn it Loose

This weakend
I walked into the sunset
nice n scoobied,
totally in the land
and God saw fit
for once to hold up
the frayed end of the bargain.
The Fucking Eagles.

http://www.myspace.com/amilliondollarsworthofmusic

All the way from T-towne
(that's Tacoma, for the uninitiated).
It's where rock n' roll comes from, riot?
Our smelly lady has pumped out
The Ventures,
Girl Trouble,
The Sonics
The Sonics
(why not mention 'em
twice?)
and the Fucking Eagles.
They shook up the Sunset
and then they tore down the Java Jive.
Yer friend and humble narrator
couldnae sit still,
had to get right up
in the 100 watt line of fire
and shake it
like a pilled-up
red rooster;
working the sweat soaked room,
showered in pabst and bushmills.
I can't put it down, cats n kittens.
I can't put it down.
Scaught's never gonna leave the garage.
It's time to put the guitar down,
pick up the maracas
call up the Sutherland Girls
n put the devil back
into the pants
of all creation.

9 comments:

heather said...

The Sutherland Girls!

I for one would like to play the part of basser in that outfit. I've given up the idea of ever playing maracas near you. Just like an older brother would lick a piece of food to make it his own, you shoved my maracas down your pants. Erghh.....

ScaughtFive said...

Of course you're a Sutherland Girl. You were there when it was invented from amphetamines and whiskey. Hey! PLFC is back on! We gotta show too. Am I nuts to get back on that horse? There isn't enough feedback in this town though and after you talked about that other band with that other guy it made me realize he needs a demonstration and manifestation or two to make his shut his fookin' cake hole. I can do this.

ScaughtFive said...

him, I mean him.

Grave Niehaus

heather said...

PLFC again? Fook yeah! I think it would actually be very wise of you to do this PLFC business. Please wear your gay French sailor shirt though. Please.

Now, all this rock and roll is roaring important fun,(I expect to see your locks flying about wildly on Saturday during the I Love My Selfs) however do not forget the fence we have to build. Those crows are on motherfucking thin ice with me.

Signed,
The Boss Of The Hot Sauce

ScaughtFive said...

Shite Atkins always wears the "artiste" line of clothing in Paul Lynde Fan Club, complete with beret and the penciled in moustache. Let it come down.

heather said...

Uh, way down.

Yeah, that certain IT mangager Ballard cowboy could use a lesson or five in the arts and sciences of distortion.

Surfswarm said...

amphetamines and whiskey? thats gotta be a song name. i liked the lurve battery - except for that song you particularly mentioned as liking made me feel a bit ill with the spinny round speaker effect (whatever the hell that was). it actually put me heavily in mind of this - http://youtube.com/watch?v=AeeGC2FVAOs - yes yes i know nobody likes oasis, but i do sometimes. mock me if you must. i think i'll pull back from the big dumb raak now, i'm getting a little over excited.

Jen Jewel Brown said...

Great conversation guys, but Oasis - now we're talking crippled Brits. Of all the pathetic sub-Beatles poseurs with sneers buckled onto their lips as if they actually thought of an original moment in their entire spoiled lives. They couldn't sell their attitude to me as potato chips. Sorry, full moon. Nothing personal. Love your work.

ScaughtFive said...

On the subject of band brothers who like to fight, I'm more of a Kinks man myself. One of those bit players in Oasis used to be in Heavy Stereo, riot? I liked that outfit.