Friday, January 1, 2010

Get Lost

A ladybug

struggles to climb out of a glass
of stale champagne.
Little fucker is drunk,
stealing the fluid I need
to warm my soulless guts.
Asshole.
I'm contemplating the ash
of this last cigarette
hanging over a yellowed coffee cup.
Ladybug, you've failed.
Ladybug, you're not commercially viable.
You're gonna die.
You're gonna decease never known
and not even forgotten.
What the hell have I been doing?
Strumming and shouting in a vacuum
until I'm deaf and voiceless.
Isn't there something else I can find
to waste this time?
Jesus Christ,
how long does this have to go on?
I don't need you.
I don't need you here.
It's better if you never listen.
It's better if you never knew.
Never knew my story.
The more you learn
the less you know.
Get lost.

3 comments:

Angel said...

Jeez, you seem so down lately. Not having seen you in months I don't know if that is actually the case or if it's just what you are writing. But I think you should really consider trying SAD lights. I know you scoff at them, but I'm still here and that would have been unlikely without them.

ScaughtFive said...

Down in a hole. Down in a hole.

Angel said...

Shit, that sucks. Write more stuff? I'd say let's get a drink, but I'm barely out of that hole myself and avoid many drinks right now. My show is all hanging trees, broken windows and empty German cafes. But making them is making me feel better.