Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tragedy of the Commons


Dear Mr. Bus Driver,
I'm sorry I called you a twat 
and threw a hubcap at your bus.
I should have called you 
a fat fucking twat 
and spat a nice green gob
in your face.
Again, I'm sorry
I shouldn't have chucked the hubcap
at that nice new bus 
as I exited.
The bus didn't do anything.
You did.
I caught the sly grin on your face
when you made us squirm 
all the way up the packed aisle 
from the back of the articulated bus
to the front.
"Back door!" we shouted.
"We'll come up to the front 
and show you our pass."
Silence.
One of us was going home
from the airport
with a guitar,
backpack
and two carry-on bags.
Nice little grin you had
watching us from the rearview mirror
as his bags bashed old people on the head
and drenched tired commuters 
climbed over each other 
to give us room.
Thanks.
Can I be there when they remove 
the pig feet fingers
and green mushroom toes 
from your rotten diabetic limbs?
Say, 2011?
It's a date, shitcunt.
The tragedy of the commons
is that the public good
is just as available to cum stains like you
as it is available to assholes like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, was this a recent event?

ScaughtFive said...

Yeah. It was great to be reduced to that stupid kid yakking about a tractor again. Shite!

redgrevillea said...

June 1988. I'm sitting at the back of the bus in line with centre aisle. The bus driver stops suddenly and my guitar goes flying down the aisle. As I crouch forward to rein in my guitar I glance up at the driver's rear-view mirror and catch his eyes and a couple of very forced sniggers. ...it didn't bother me because he was trying like real hard to snigger and aside from the sniggers'n'leers the man's face was caked in boredom and pain...

it was a cheap guitar anyway and it remained intact and we had a great jam anyway, so!...

I used to have terrible runs with bus drivers around that period...i recall getting called 'lady' even though my voice was deeper than theirs, and whatnot.

But I could be a prick too back then, earlier actually, when I was 15, scrunching up my ticket and darting it at the face of the driver as I exited the bus....I'm a lot more sanctimonious now (hmm!)

I would've yelled from back of the bus to get that back door opened...perhaps that's what you did...and thereafter that hubcap goes a'flyin'...

mr bus [sic] driver fuck you, i'm a survivor - Lenny Kravitz