Saturday, March 14, 2009

Twelve Bar Hustle


They all liked him
in my time.
They all liked him.
The girls liked him.
The guys liked him
and they didn't understand
but the guys liked him.
They liked to watch him slide.
He could never spike a person
but he could always bang the whole gang.
Oh yeah.
It seems to me
I'm getting older
and I'm getting on,
and my ex wives got all the records
but I know all the songs.
But after all, could it be
you're gonna bring my baby to me?
Is it you?  
Yeah? Yeah? Yeah?
I've been down
and he's been down 
but he just sings,

"everyone, rock on.
Oh baby, rock on."

In my time
we were electric children
underneath the bebop moon 
and the mambo sun.
Even though it was all
a twelve bar hustle
and with your Les Paul
you were corkscrew and small,
life's a gas even though it doesn't last.




3 comments:

Jen Jewel Brown said...

Marc Bolan? Love him to bits.

redgrevillea said...

"life's a gas even though it doesn't last"

bullseye! ;)

ScaughtFive said...

Yep. Marc's the tops in my book