Sunday, July 27, 2008

Her Caliphate


Lie down darkness. 

With me

warm

under majlis sheet,

imperial purple,

curtained,

under Abbasid moon,

sky wrinkled dark

with ghost edged clouds

moon kissed 

with dead

sunlight.

Crawl through my veins,

you are a growing

warm glow.

You are

spikes of poppies

and 

spikes of saffron.

Come the darkness

I fill my eyes

with burned black sand

and lie down

for you.

So many nights,

so many thousand nights.

I will lie down.

I will always lie down

for you.

4 comments:

Surfswarm said...

another cracker mr scaught.

ScaughtFive said...

Last night was definitely one of those "In The Evening" intro nights. A lot of Manson Family style 'creepy crawl' around in the dark. It could have been anytime, anywhen...

Dana said...

Nice one, mister. I love this: moon kissed with dead sunlight.

ScaughtFive said...

You is too kind DanaGirl, and I like it!