Monday, August 4, 2008

I Killed The Devil



Well I never
had so much fun
as there was
fun to be had
plugged in
and feeding back
at the end of the ramp
by the sheet metal mill.
We test puppets
in the whiskey bar
with twenty two strings
and propinquity.
Punch and Judy,
James and Jimmy,
and Scaught Five
doing Walker, Riddley.
"Puncha, Puncha Puncha"
in stoned swazzle
and then,
"Huzzah, Huzzah!
I killed the Devil."
Just for tonight, anyway.
I walk off the set
with the guitar
and The Girl.
Well
I never had
so much fun.

9 comments:

Dana said...

Awww...ain't we cute!

ScaughtFive said...

You make me look much better, that's a natural fact.

heather said...

Yeah, Dana really classes up the joint.

My mister wrote a fine piece about Friday's happenings, as well.

I had some half ideas and intentions to write one myself, but it seems nickspan and the scaught news network covered it thouroughly. I would just be some KIRO clown.

Dana said...

You crazy kids give me way too much credit! =)

ScaughtFive said...

KIRO clown? That would be J.P. Patches, riot?

heather said...

J.P Patches. That's me.

Anonymous said...

Great post and I love the photos! Did Phipps take those?

Just beautiful all way 'round.

SusuPetal said...

Smiling people are beautiful to look at.
Thanks.

ScaughtFive said...

Phipps snapped 'em. Good ol' Amstel Adams.