Tuesday, August 26, 2008

While The World Is Working


Bedridden 
and burning up,
I look at the bright 
parade of nothingness
and commerce
spitting out of 
the vulgar square
in the corner of my room.
One after another 
some man's idea of a woman
gets called and sent out
to sit cross legged
in between
some failed DeMille's
dream of 
a smart ass refrigerator
and an air freshener practicing
alchemy.
Did you know how much money
people can save 
by spending money?
English people are so polite.
With the right man
a woman can really 
have it all.
The green dress 
on the brown woman
selling her family
on the rocky mountain
projected poise,
smoothness,
and star power.
The comedienne
and the mummy 
with a speech impediment
are relieved to find
the brown woman 
was not a red comanche.
There's so much 
I need to learn.
People can't get enough
petroleum and insurance.
People can't get enough
reality from this thing.
If you look really hard 
into this square I'm told,
you'll see yourself being
watched and adored
by everybody else 
looking into this thing
searching for themselves
being watched and envied
by you.
Keep dreaming.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

television - just shoot it.

ScaughtFive said...

It's a shite pile but where would the football come from?

Jen Jewel Brown said...

I get with the program. God I love your work.

ScaughtFive said...

Why Thanks J-Squared. I quite like yer work too. Especially the whale skeleton piece I saw a few yarns back. Top shelf, that was.