Friday, June 13, 2008

A Concern of Knives

When I pass from view
all that will be left
is my debt
and guitars,
stringwound bound
with coagulated
blood.
That's the only way
I know how to play it;
index sanding my first
finger into the notes.
Here in this hiding city
I sell my time
to a concern
lined with knives.
Each day
I remember to come back
from gentle oblivion
to this pincushioned
dumbshow.
Why?
My mind and I
marionette stagger
through
the obsequious
hours.
We know ennui
and it counts out
our
ruined pennies.
Roll the calendar girl
pages
and you will
animate
the fading
of my smile.
I can't believe
all of the things
each year brings.
Why?
Ant hill dung beetles
march into the temple
of paper,
gelded eyed and blue.
This is the way
we taste the bit and yoke
under the rolled over sun.
Why?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

why?

I'm not so sure.
But I know I have to keep trying it differently or just die trying. I can't live on this here dung heap any other way... and if they make me, I'll just hop off and say odios muchachos, up yours!

uh huh. yep.

Anonymous said...

Everyone should put down their knives and pick up some bejeweled feather princess wands. They're much prettier and they tickle!

heather said...

You even play air guitar in a semi-painful looking fashion. Yo really dig in to the ether!

I wrote a note to the raccoons. Check it out. I'm on their side.

ScaughtFive said...

Ha ha and nick sings like he's taking a shit. We were all made for each other!

odios muchachos, up yours! That's going in my playbook next to Hey you! Fuck you!

heather said...

I fucking drool when I play!

A real Band Of Corkys.

ScaughtFive said...

"You said check was just like money!"

Obladi obla bra

chrome3d said...

Your opening pic looks excellent with the night lit houses and the glow of the city in the background. Stars and aeroplanes flying too. I wish I could capture one like that.