Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Do You Know Sharing?


I want to share something to you.
A sandwich.
It's good.
We're a lot alike,
me and this sandwich.
It takes time to appreciate
but doesn't anything 
that lasts 
take time?

Okay.
Get some (good) bread.
I like some local nine grain.
Toast it.
Don't just warm it up.
Toast it.
Get some unsalted,
real,
peanut butter.
You got it.
Do both pieces.
I like crunchy 
but you can do 
whatever 
you 
wanna 
do.
Now,
get some (good)
pickles.  
Not sweetened.
Cut 'em up
and put them on
one side.
Trust me.
Now,
get some cayenne 
pepper 
and dust the other side
Don't skimp.
This is the skill shot
of this sandwich.
White farmer's cheese
is an option here
but not
required.
I also like to sprinkle
crushed red pepper
flakes 
on the cayenne side.
Get it?
Now, 
make the sandwich beast
with two backs
and eat this thing.
It kind of tastes
vaguely Thai,
huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may pitch that sandwich to my friend Richard. He pretty much grew up on Tabasco sauce. He wouldn't eat a thing unless it had Tabasco sauce as a matter of fact. I think his favorite was Tabasco and bread. Nothin' else just that.

You don't put any Tabasco on this sandwich of yours, do ya?

Still, he's a big fan of the hot pepper. He just may like it.

chrome3d said...

I have almost none of the ingredients, sorry. I have bread and back with two beasts though, so that´s a start.

ScaughtFive said...

The peanut butter keeps it from being hot. Tabasco is too tangy. It has to be a grainy kind of heat. The last one I had was bazooka joe topps.