Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Daily Invasion

Today
the eye of yesterday
blued sky
cataracted white
the next morning.
We walk
measured steps
from the honeycomb
to the notebooked fields,
holepunched bruised
by daily invasions
of boredom.
Shake, honeybee shake.
Dance me a story
of a boy who felt
the stings of your kisses
with the pound of surf
drumming the Long Beach
sunset
into his jaw.
Hum me a squaredance
to a place where
the sunflower sways
and arms uncut
blossom fingers
to catch
the grassy trade wind tide.
World of this world
you get so far
from me
each passing day.
If I trace
the snail's
silver thread
through the gears
of routine
will I find you
waiting for me
in garlands of sand
and robes of saffron?

5 comments:

Joe said...

You really should come for a visit to Vegas. The house I'm buying will have a guest room AND a cozy music-making space. Should close on it this week.

ScaughtFive said...

Hey Dood! I'm saving up some vacation for just such a 'trip event'

Shrill Bavassi

Anonymous said...

Sometimes while recouping from a hangover, or just a rough night out, I watch those poker tournaments on the telly. Shhsssh, don't tell anyone.

The stalk is a bit wobbly today. Weebles Wobble but don't fall down?

ScaughtFive said...

I was there. I watch him 'go pro'. It's quite something, really.

Joe said...

I have a straight job again now, but mostly so that the banks recognize that I'm real and thusly will grant me a mortgage.

The World Series of Poker is in town and I've been busying losing piles of money there in my "free" time.