Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Grow

I see change
inside
and
outside;
homes
friends
trees
family
hands
clouds
money
me.
Who can
play their song
outside
the turning
of that wheel?
The frightened
parts of me
are lanthorn
and waxing sliver
whose light
is febrile
and dim.
Look.
They are
frightened parts
whose search
to avoid
only illuminates
sandwich board falsities
that skywrite whiteout judgment
without disambiguation
of value.
The spilling darkness
only brings
one thousand hurts.
The growing parts
of me
smile in contradistinction.
It is this inevitable turning
and change constant
that can bring
love
forgiveness
and strength.
I see change
and reach for it
on the inside
to the outside.
The sky
at twilight
above
a torn construction paper
horizon,
and the yellowing
leaves,
leaving the world
unafraid to pass
unknown to history
whisper to me.
GROW!

No comments: