Sunday, September 7, 2008

Your Serviceable Villain


I'm not right 
in the head.
Never have been.
Never will.
Undereducated.
Non-qualified.
Strangled with 
self absorbed tears.
Perpetually dark.
I am
a fine example
to compare yourself to
and feel good.
A serviceable villain. 
Your serviceable villain.
Okay,
but I've got something 
inside of me
I'm trying to build on.
Something I can grow
and share.
A bulwark against the 
pricks.
A bright space in this 
expanding tragedy.
I've apologized.
Tried to see things 
as they are
and not 
as I fear they will be.
It doesn't matter.
You're never gonna change.
Selfless selfishness.
Go ahead and define 
my life 
my love
and hope
as little.
Kick it over 
like a bully.
Make every sentence
written and spoken
to me
stamped 
with Louisville Slugger.
Is this what 
that inanimate rock
shaped like a fat
bald hermaphrodite
you doze off in front of
taught you?
I shouldn't say this
but I will.
You're full of shit
and completely lost.
Aren't we all, though?
Aren't we all?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lost in a space odyssey, me thinks.

ScaughtFive said...

my feet push against the same ball of dirt yers do, lady.

Anonymous said...

ah, I disagree. I hold firmly onto the belief that each is living in their own universe and, consequently, pushing against their own distinct ball of dirt.

But, alas, I meant each and every is lost in a space odyssey.

In short: yep, we're all lost.

Not sure if you misunderstood me or not. :P

ScaughtFive said...

I probably did. Wasn't in a cheery state yesterday.