Sunday, September 7, 2008

Magician in the Rational Kingdom


So many everybodys
moving through the streets,
in metal and rubber,
barefoot and inked
with sanskrit
or hebrew
(I thought that was
a big no-no),
under the football
season sun.
So many everybodys
and very few somebodys.
The pitbull decade 
is upon us.
It is the age of the 
racing stroller.
There's so much money 
here,
borrowed from
there.
Instantly connected 
and evermore same.
Viral reason begets
instant progress
in this 
communication continuum.
Weber's disenchantment 
of the world
has left me 
out on the street,
stripped of my daydreams,
my only protection
from so many
everybodys.


2 comments:

Dana said...

I thought you were still able to daydream (or just plain dream) while sleeping in the sun at greenlake...

6 days!

ScaughtFive said...

Hee Hee! That's true. If only I could find a way to sleep while running! You're my kinda tonic, you know.