Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mimulus Ringens the Fifth's "Hit Parade"

You know that part on that Stax live album
when Wilson Picket says
"Montague!
Montague!
I wanna sing this song because
it feels good."

Well,
Montague ain't here
but I love this song so much
I'm gonna sing it,
cause a lot of what's going on innit
is swimming through my mind.

Thank you Cotton Mather
for the Kontiki disc
that's always in my top seven
(even top four).

Camp Hill Rail Operator by Cotton Mather

In care of this contraption
my Camp Hill Rail Operator woman
Is she speaking from the heart?
Maybe blast in from another world
or just the emmisary of a higher court
inside the body of a girl?
Does she want to take control?
When her 8-track breaks down
will she take my bus home?
In care of this contraption
my Camp Hill Rail Operator woman.

Is this some sort of reverie
for the one woman Jan and Dean
heading for a crash?
Is she half who she ought to be
or an overdue prodigy
of an unsolicited view of your presence
confused with her past?

At a table by the door
of my memory but she can't sit still
and when I crash upon the floor
she'll come across the stage
and finish out the bill.
She throws one switch
and all trains are in space
when she lays down those tracks
you can never erase.
In care of this contraption
my Camp Hill Rail Operator Woman.

No comments: