Monday, April 28, 2008

Silver Lake 1971

It must be.

What?

It must be

and that's the problem.

It must be keeps on kicking in my eye

with the hopes and dreams

of the locust clouds.

It must be

so I dream

each night

in an

ocean of needles.

I know how to drown.

I learned this at Silver Lake

in 1971.

It must be

so I can remember

that my lungs are pinned

and wrinkled

like a cicada's wings

mounted and

left to migrate

towards dust.

What?

It must be

and it has been

and it is so hard

to understand

and be understood.

5 comments:

Jen Jewel Brown said...

This is a fantastic blog of yours, and thanks for your words scattered after my Nirvana poem in ma blog Flaming Hoop. Is that your music? I'm loving it, and the shots and the words. I'd like to know more about you ... Kilbey's blog is fantastoic, no?

xJen
jenjewelbrown@fastmail.fm

Surfswarm said...

that last picture is on worthing beach - where i live. i will extract the songs from the web then, i have a two hour round trip in the car each day for work so am always hungry for quality listening. if you are looking for an easy way to get music up onto the web there is a programme called 'audacity' - its free. it can produce mp3's from anything you can play on your computer. quick and easy way to get from a cd to something you can stick up for people to hear.

that first track by cotton on your player puts me very much in mind of brendan benson - i'm guess you would know his music but if not he has a record called lapalco which is well worth a spin.

quite the ladies man scaught. i wish that girlies i don't know would comment on my blog saying they'd like to know more about me. what will the charming AM say about this eh :-)

ScaughtFive said...

Ladies man? I'm Amplitude Modulation's Beekeeper. I'm the spaceboy in the spaceman's suit. When the peeps make good read, writes or (in yer case) pics, I gots to tell 'em. It's good for the earth.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.